Adding a comment box on a page, not a blog.

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hello all,

I was hoping to add a comment box on a section of my photography page. I keep searching for information on how to do this, but it only turns up information about blog posts. Are you only able to use comment boxes for blog pages, and nothing else? Seems like an odd restriction. 

• Solution

Yes comments are only for blog posts. SS could of course add comments anywhere but I assume that blog pages are the most common use case for comments and the numbers of users who would want that feature outside of a blog context just aren't there.

You can of course use an outside provider for a comment feature.

Disqus has been a long time provider of such a service. Now keep in mind that this may not be plug-and-play. You may have to work out how to integrate it into an SS site for your particular use case.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.