URGENT HELP NEEDED - Deleted CSS for Plugin and Now Website Pages BLANK

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

So I've been rebuilding my website for the past 2 weeks and I installed the Spark Plugin today on a trial basis.  I deleted the CSS for the Plug-in and now everything on my website shows up BLANK.  I see the pages in my account but no content.  It's like they're gone.  Are they really gone or is there a way of recovering them?  

Screenshots below to show what I see on my end when I'm in my account as well as the webpage.  

163800524_Screenshot2023-02-05at3_53_44PM.thumb.png.b4b0eb8022e90df1e5cbabeb753633c3.png

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 3.53.30 PM.png

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Your site content is still there. It's just masked. It appears that you may have broken the code for your SquareKicker installation when you removed spark.

I can't give specific corrective steps as I'm not familiar with SK's installation. But if I were tackling this issue the first step might be to reinstall SK per their instructions. Making sure to clean up any issues that may have been caused when spark was removed.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I tried reinstalling the Spark code and that didn't do anything.

Spark and SquareKicker are two different  plug-ins that apply various effects to a site.

As I mentioned I think you may have damaged the SK plug-in when you removed spark.

To get things back on track and assuming you want to keep SK, you need to repair the damage to SK. Hence my suggestion to reinstall SK, being sure to remove your current broken SK install.

So trying to fix spark is not going to do anything for you. You need to fix SK, again assuming you want to keep SK. If you don't want to keep SK then remove all the SK code and that should get things back to normal.

I'm not there on your site so I can only guess at a solution.

It might not hurt to contact @Nick_SquareKicker to see what corrective action might be taken.

I could also be wrong as I'm not a SK or Spark plug-in expert.

Thanks so much!  I deleted all the code from both SK and Spark and all is well now - WHEW!!   I was terrified of deleting anything after deleting the Spark plugin and seeing what happened but thankfully all is well.  Sorry, I'm clueless on this stuff!!  

On an off note, seeing as you seem to be the resident expert here.... what is the best way of going about having testimonials on a website where they autoscroll?  I've set up 2 different ways thus far (carousel and banner) but didn't realize both needed input from the user.  I'm looking for something that they don't have to push anything to move to the next slide.  I know there has to be a way to do this, right? 

Thanks again!!

1 hour ago, mandy030702 said:

Thanks so much!  I deleted all the code from both SK and Spark and all is well now - WHEW!!   I was terrified of deleting anything after deleting the Spark plugin and seeing what happened but thankfully all is well.  Sorry, I'm clueless on this stuff!!  

On an off note, seeing as you seem to be the resident expert here.... what is the best way of going about having testimonials on a website where they autoscroll?  I've set up 2 different ways thus far (carousel and banner) but didn't realize both needed input from the user.  I'm looking for something that they don't have to push anything to move to the next slide.  I know there has to be a way to do this, right? 

Thanks again!!

If you have any broken code in your header this will break your site. Sounds like you accidentally deleted some SK code which will in return have a ripple affects for any code below this site. 

If you remove all SK’s code and reinstall, SK will rebuild your Saved changes from backup. 

Thanks for your help @creedon!

Edited by Nick_SquareKicker

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick, CEO & Co-Founder at squarekicker.com.  Take your Squarespace sites to the next level with SquareKicker's No-Code Design & Animation Extension. Break free from templates & complex code and start building unique websites that you are proud to show your clients without ever having to write a single line of code. 

Squarespace Extension  ●  Templates  ●  News  ●  Inspiration  ●  Tutorials  ●  Resources

• Solution
14 hours ago, mandy030702 said:

I was terrified of deleting anything

Folks. There is an important  point here. Yes, uninstalling any plug-ins will remove their effects. But if you are in deep then removing that code may get you back to an SS default.

Edited by creedon