I need a free member area for a club I am part of

I am building a site with a home page that introduces the club and then restricts all other pages to a member area.  

I want only existing pre-approved members to be able to enter the member area - no paywall and no paywall for non-members, just a sign-in page. What is the best way to do this in squarespace? 

Thanks for the help! 

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2023 at 10:30 PM, RonBoire said:

I'm still looking for a solution to this problem.  Have any developers solved this?  Thanks 

Have you tried to make the members area free and then making it password protected? It might give the members a chance to sign up and being closed to the public.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 12.41.38.png

2 hours ago, Frpe said:

Have you tried to make the members area free and then making it password protected?

Password protecting the sign-up page will create the illusion of security by hiding the security flaw but, in practice, it won't provide any real security for your free member area. There are ways around this.

For the benefit of anyone who hasn't read my earlier posts on this subject (for example here and here), if your member area is sharing free cooking tips then this lightweight protection may be enough, but if you need to protect any personal data (think of anything covered by data protection legislation such as members names, telephone numbers or similar) then you'll need to wait for a proper solution to be delivered, or use a different platform.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.