Pop Up 'contact us' form disappears when the carousal changes in auto transition mode on the website

Hi All,

In our website the top section has a carousel and the footer has contact us and support form. The forms being used are standard forms provided by Squarespace.

When a user clicks on 'Contact Us' a POP UP form appears and when the pop is on the screen (and even if user is typing in the form), the form disappears every time the carousel transitions to the next image. The same behavior happens for 'Support' form in the footer as well.

-Ashish

• Replies 10
  • Views 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please see the following.

You'll need to remove the code you installed and install my code per my instructions.

Folks be sure to use my genuine code. Always get my code from one of my github repositories ( twcsl or twcscb ) or a post that I authored on this forum. Accept no substitutes or inferior copies!

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Unfortunately the proposed solution did not resolve the issue

I don't see my new code installed. If it is not installed it can't work. Also be sure to remove any code that is not my official code or it will interfere with things working correctly.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...

I have already added the code but still its not working can you please let me know, where to put the codes. The two issue which I am facing now is 

1) Auto carousel works when page gets loaded. But once you move away to other sections and come back to 1st section it stops working
2) The contact and support form…description field cannot be seen while typing description

I have already added the code but still its not working can you please let me know,

All seems to be working to me. The autoplay works when page loads and after moving around the page.

The forms don't disappear when the autoplay advances.

There appear to be no issue with the form fields.

875887540_ScreenShot2023-01-11at1_13_33PM.png.d639badd08839afe3b36b23e0a5e47e1.png

612590659_ScreenShot2023-01-11at1_14_31PM.png.c0fa2c4884a7f716407b36c614b50e39.png

Have you viewed your site in private browsing to see if your issues are because of viewing your site in the editor?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 8:50 PM, hqsite said:

1) Auto carousel works when page gets loaded. But once you move away to other sections and come back to 1st section it stops working

Did you set killUponUserAction to false?

const killUponUserAction = false;

2) The contact and support form…description field cannot be seen while typing description

My code has nothing to do with this issue. It is an SS issue. Please Contact Customer Support. It appears SS does not take into account Safari's popup keyboard.