Make the opened state of mobile overlay as landing page when in mobile view

Hey there - 

When people open my website in mobile view, there are too few visits to the other parts of my website. This seems because the menu showing these other sections is hidden in the mobile overlay. People just don't click that menu icon or fully register what its use is (esp. after they have already started scrolling down my landing page). 

I actually really like how the mobile overlay works and would therefore love its opened state (listing the sections) to be my landing page when people visit in mobile view. Obviously in desktop view there's no issues as the different sections of my website are already visible by default 🙂 

Hope that makes sense: is there a small chance this could be possible?!

My website is www.samr.co

Thanks for any help! 

Sam. 

ps: i have a bit of CSS added already to force single column view (when in mobile) on a two column masonry grid. I mention this as I'm not sure if I know how to stack up different CSS instruction sets, would I just add a } before adding any new code? (sorry if that's a terrible question - this is all a bit too far out of my normal knowledge zone). 

Edited by samr
to add my website in for people to see the problem

thanks for the reply and I've applied that instead, i found some css you wrote for someone else. It's definitely much much better than before so appreciated 🙂 

If yourself or anyone knows a way to just have the opened hamburger menu as the default landing page when on mobile let me know as I think that might still be most elegant. However it's probably complicated: it would mean having to auto click the hamburger menu when a website is opened at a certain width?!

On 12/17/2022 at 5:43 PM, samr said:

thanks for the reply and I've applied that instead, i found some css you wrote for someone else. It's definitely much much better than before so appreciated 🙂 

If yourself or anyone knows a way to just have the opened hamburger menu as the default landing page when on mobile let me know as I think that might still be most elegant. However it's probably complicated: it would mean having to auto click the hamburger menu when a website is opened at a certain width?!

Which page you want this? We can try some code

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)