Automatic Video sometimes doesn't play through

Hi!
I have an animation playing on my landing page that sometimes doesn't play all the way through. It seems to get stuck 90% through and just restart. 

I created a blank section with the video as the background.

Bonus: Does anyone know if there is a way to get the scrolling to momentarily lock onto the section so then the video is centered for the user?

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Conrad,

Just writing to say that I have the same issue. I have a 14 second video on my landing page and even though initially, after adding the block and choosing the video from my library, it appears to play correctly, if I return to the page later it cuts off at 7 seconds and restarts. 

I googled to see if there was a solution and your post came up.  Did you ever overcome this problem? 

Hi Adam,

I had this issue once when I used a video as the background of the section. It would sometimes cut off before playing all the way through.

I don't remember what I did, but it seemed to have resolved itself after a while. Maybe just need to wait a little or delete/upload it again until it plays through. Sorry don't have a technical answer.

Edited by ConradZ

Hi Conrad, 

Thanks for replying.  I chatted to a one of the Squarespace support staff, who recommended viewing the page in incognito mode. I found that it played correctly if I did this, leading me to suspect that it was to do with my browser cache.