Lightbox in shop images using Brine template

Hello lovely people,

I have a shop on my website with the brine template, and would really like for the product images to be a bit smoother for customers to browse instead of having to click each image. I think a light box option would be the best for this, but I cannot seem to find it in this template. Do I need custom CSS, or am I missing something?

Here is the link to a product:

https://www.rocstudio.co.uk/shop/austin-suite-sidebord

Thanks,

Caroline

• Replies 1
  • Views 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, caz100 said:

I have a shop on my website with the brine template, and would really like for the product images to be a bit smoother for customers to browse instead of having to click each image.

On Brine-family templates (Squarespace 7.0) you can show Product Detail Page (PDP) images as a slideshow (with or without thumbnails) or stacked vertically. Those are the two options. 

You can try out the stacked option in Design > Site Styles. Look for the PRODUCTS: GALLERY section and change the Design option to Stacked.

image.png.36e6c9e558d23605aba07e0fbb333f5a.png

Bear in mind that in Site Styles you can also change the percentage of space that is assigned to the images vs the product description, so increasing the image width may help the products to stand out.

For information, Squarespace 7.1 templates have newer Product Detail Page (PDP) layout options to allow you to present your images more easily:

image.thumb.png.cbc28b031ee7d5e21a9021a120e0a596.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️ 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.