Is there a quick way to index new pages?

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to integrate it on my Squarespace website but I can't find how to add 3rd party plugins.

Also, does google search console automatically index URLs from the sitemap? If so, I won't need to worry about automating the process.

I worry that I'm not getting much traffic because I'm doing something wrong with the indexing.

Is that the problem with my site thelucadj.com or are my blog posts just unpopular 😅

Edited by thelucadj

Google Search Console should automatically index your URLs from the sitemap. Type in "sitemap.xml" in the "add a new sitemap" box below. 

You don't need to do this every time you make a change. For significant changes on a page, or a new page, I will manually inspect a page, but that's just a habit!

In terms of your site not getting enough traffic, that could be due to a few things, for example:

• You have several "Ingredients Of Bread" articles - This can cause keyword cannibalisation issues if multiple pages are optimised for the same keyword (as you can see on my Squarespace SEO Plugin below). It may be worth completing keyword research and determining what you want your website to rank for based on customer demand.
  • You have no backlinks - Backlinks are links from other websites to yours. The more high-quality backlinks you have from other websites in your niche, the higher you will rank. 
  • You only have 3 articles - In the grand scheme of things, 3 articles isn't many. I've written 20+ articles before I started to pick up meaningful traffic on a site in a competitive space.

Happy to answer any more questions.

image.thumb.png.8b7eb4b3e934aa11c453be002dcad025.pngimage.thumb.png.1878db2b3aeca41d324ae59cca42b712.png

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png