Affiliate link type of system

• Replies 7
  • Views 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at a third party affiliate service like Peach's

It is designed to plug straight into Squarespace Commerce and allows you to set up an affiliate program lets you reward influential people for sending customers to you.

You pay a commission to your affiliates based on the sales they send to your Squarespace store.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:57 PM, Arkaitx said:

Is there any other way without connecting a third party?

The Traffic Sources panel in Squarespace analytics can show where a visitor came from, but the crucial conversion traffic will only be attributed if the visitor purchases the product immediately after clicking on the link on the referring website. This is known as the "last click" and it means that, although the Traffic Sources data has the potential to provide you with data, in practice it is of very little use

If a customer clicks a link on a collaborator's site and then immediately makes a purchase - without looking at any other page on your website - you'll be able to attribute the lead to them. However, if the customer looks at another page on your site, or browses anywhere else, the purchase will not be attributed - even if they return to your site later to make the purchase.

Also, it is important to know that Squarespace Analytics doesn’t factor in refunds at all.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know if you can have affiliates on a Squarespace ecommerce site.  More specifically, I use affiliates that promote and sell the products that I list on my site.  So I need to be able to provide affiliates with a link that they would share with their customers to purchase products from my website.  In turn, I will pay the affiliates a percentage of the revenue that is generated from the purchasers made by the buyers who are referred to by my affiliates. 

So I will need to be able to generate sales reports for each affiliate so that I can pay my affiliates for the income they have generated.

Is this possible?

6 hours ago, TeddyB said:

does anyone know if you can have affiliates on a Squarespace ecommerce site.

Please see the answers above.

• 6 months later...