Site Demo

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Replies 5
  • Views 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard Squarespace pages do not have a draft mode. When you save your changes, they are immediately live on the site. However, if you are creating new blog posts or products, it is possible to create a draft.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Ok Paul ,
I've found how to fix , it seems simple to do.
The site is simple: duplicate the page , update the content, test it by the master, change old page ref and name the new one like to be.

do you see any problem?

thx.

Edited by CMRA
  • Solution
1 hour ago, CMRA said:

do you see any problem?

No, unless custom code is being used.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 8:27 PM, CMRA said:

Thanks Paul.
I started using Square Space about ten years ago, but only for one client. Over the years I have seen incredible product improvements but this lack seems absurd to me.
How do you behave, if I may ask.
Thank you.

Hi there,

I've been asking Squarespace this same question for years.

When I signed up I knew that Portfolio posts were the best way to display photographs but saw there was no draft option. I asked the help centre about it as I signed up and was told this may be implemented in the future.

I moved my site from Wordpress to Squarespace because images are displayed so much better here. I even created a Squarespace site for my work. It baffles me that even wordpress had the option to create a draft before going live.

Without the draft option, my posts are rushed and the text is minimal. I'd have many more posts if I had time to work on a post without it being live.

This is the only reason why I don't recommend Squarespace to others.

Please help me out