Assigning Product Inventory to Store Page after product is in inventory

Hoping someone can help me with this one. I've searched for nearly 2 hours and can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I inherited a site that is poorly organized and doesn't use the many features around category assignments. I'm trying to reorganize, and use categories to align the products better. What I can't figure out, is how to assign an already existing product in the inventory area to a store page without creating a new product listing from scratch. Trying to avoid making duplicates and wasting my time.

I can see how to assign a store page to a product when creating the initial product listing, but not how to edit 'Where' the product has been assigned initially. I can also see how to add a new product within the store page, but I'm not wanting to create duplicates of products.

The site is currently using the template AVENUE on SQSP 7.0.

Edited by galbers
  • 11 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this question. I came across a similar situation, though I'm using a 7.1 template.

I have a a pre-existing product that I would like to move into a newly created category. I have yet to find a way to do this without remaking the product listing. And simply duplicating the product and trying to change the category doesn't seem to work either.

It's simple enough, in my case, to just create the new product because it's just one product. But there are many scenarios where this wouldn't be the case. I guess I'm just surprised there isn't a simple way to move products from one category to another. It just seems like a basic task that could be useful for many stores and a weird bit of functionality to leave out of the program.

Or are we missing something? I've searched in the back end, searched the help section, and searched the forums. I haven't found anything yet. Anyone?