Can you get started without committing to a theme?

I have started doing a lot of Squarespace sites for clients. I usually have them sign up for an account, pay for a year, and then have them give me the login to start building. The problem is Squarespace makes you provide a bunch of information about who you are and choose a template. This is really confusing to my clients who just want me to build from the wireframe we have created together. Is there a way to bypass this process and sign up without committing to a template? 

4 hours ago, lisabhazen said:

I have started doing a lot of Squarespace sites for clients. I usually have them sign up for an account, pay for a year, and then have them give me the login to start building.

As a Circle Member who is designing  sites for clients you can start the new trial yourself using whichever template you feel most comfortable with.

If you are designing from a wireframe, you're probably best starting with a blank 7.1 template (with no demo content). You can create a trial with a blank template by clicking the button on your account page or start a trial using one of the other templates. You'll be given a six-month trial to allow you to design the site without the client incurring subscription costs.

When you are ready, you can invite your client to the site as a contributor, they can pay for the site and, when complete, you can transfer ownership.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.