AfterPay, Klarna, and ACH implementing advice needed

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.erinisabella.com

Hi Circle Members,

I am having a frustrating issue with my Stripe account fully integrating all payment options into my Squarespace platform and need some API integration advice/help.

In my Stripe account, I have ACH, all methods of global payment options, and installment plans like AfterPay and Klarna enabled. A full global pay spectrum to make it easy for people to buy my artwork.

On Squarespace, it won't enable. I've tried injecting code and must be doing something wrong because it is just not working. Stripe has not been helpful. I keep getting links to the exact coding pages that are not working for me. I'm supremely frustrated and need some help. Can anyone help me with figuring out what exactly I'm doing wrong?

• Solution
17 hours ago, Erin929 said:

In my Stripe account, I have ACH, all methods of global payment options, and installment plans like AfterPay and Klarna enabled. On Squarespace, it won't enable. I've tried injecting code and must be doing something wrong because it is just not working.

Squarespace only supports a subset of the features available from Stripe. You will not be able to add the other services on Squarespace.

For example, you can add Afterpay (known as Clearpay in the United Kingdom) if you’re located in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States. However you cannot enable Klarna or ACH Direct Debit payments as Squarespace does not support these services.

It is not possible to change this by injecting code. Squarespace have implemented security controls (to protect the payments process) that will prevent you from using another Stripe API. If you want to use other payment services, you'll need to use a different commerce platform. I appreciate this is probably not the news you hoped for, but I hope that knowing this will save you from further frustration.

For more information on Afterpay support, see Accepting Afterpay or Clearpay.

For more information about the Squarespace-Stripe integration see Accepting credit cards with Stripe and the Stripe FAQ.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 1:01 PM, paul2009 said:

Squarespace only supports a subset of the features available from Stripe. You will not be able to add the other services on Squarespace.

For example, you can add Afterpay (known as Clearpay in the United Kingdom) if you’re located in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States. However you cannot enable Klarna or ACH Direct Debit payments as Squarespace does not support these services.

It is not possible to change this by injecting code. Squarespace have implemented security controls (to protect the payments process) that will prevent you from using another Stripe API. If you want to use other payment services, you'll need to use a different commerce platform. I appreciate this is probably not the news you hoped for, but I hope that knowing this will save you from further frustration.

For more information on Afterpay support, see Accepting Afterpay or Clearpay.

For more information about the Squarespace-Stripe integration see Accepting credit cards with Stripe and the Stripe FAQ.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Thank you so much, Paul. You’re right, it’s not the news I was hoping for, but it definitely helps me out quite a bit. Plus, it’s very heartening to know it wasn’t me missing any steps in the process.