No Idea How to Use Image Blocks

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://rabbit-gazelle-gbmt.squarespace.com/config/pages/62d6cfd3bebda16c2b0ff6d7

Hi,

I've been transferring a lot of information from a Wordpress website to a new domain on Squarespace, and I've encountered a lot of trouble when trying to customize image blocks and header fonts. When I've watched tutorials on both, I've repeatedly been given specific code to use in the Custom CSS section, none of which has had an effect on my website. I can't figure out how to add a poster image block, adding image blocks varies drastically from what I've seen in videos (my design options are much more limited), and I haven't been able to import a font to the website. Does anyone have a straightforward way to troubleshoot image blocks? I don't know if my version of Squarespace is messed up or if I'm just incompetent. Please help!

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Kyletaylor said:

I can't figure out how to add a poster image block, adding image blocks varies drastically from what I've seen in videos

You are not alone!

Squarespace recently added Fluid Engine sections. Image blocks added to Fluid Engine sections don't have the classic editor layouts like Inline, Poster, Card, Overlap, Collage and Stack. Instead, you can create similar layouts by overlapping image blocks with other blocks, like text blocks and button blocks.

However, if you would prefer to use the Image Block layout options that you have seen in videos, you can add a "classic" section to the page instead, and then add an Image Block to the classic section. You'll find the link to these at the very bottom of the list when adding a section:

image.thumb.png.a3b2d05f1d3bdb64e9998b1c657bbde3.png

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 2:27 AM, paul2009 said:

Squarespace recently added Fluid Engine sections. Image blocks added to Fluid Engine sections don't have the classic editor layouts like Inline, Poster, Card, Overlap, Collage and Stack. Instead, you can create similar layouts by overlapping image blocks with other blocks, like text blocks and button blocks.

I tried your first suggestion but I'm finding the image and text blocks are out of order on mobile view. Is there a way to control the order within a fluid engine section?

3 hours ago, susieT said:

I'm finding the image and text blocks are out of order on mobile view.

This is normal, but you can reorder them:

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain