Hover over and/or magnify images in gallery

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Site URL: http://shannmaddox.pro

I have a portfolio that consists of images from UX design projects I've build. I thought that, once uploaded, the viewer would be able to click on an image and expand or enlarge it to view the content more clearly, but unfortunately none of the gallery layouts appear to provide this option. Is there something I can add that will allow a viewer to select or hover over an image to see a magnified and more detailed view? Password: OpenSesame

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 4.32.49 PM.png

Edited by smadxs10
  • Replies 5
  • Views 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@creedon - that worked! Thanks so much! I missed the Lightbox option.

The only remaining issue is that I have a full screen image that still appears super small when it's magnified in Lightbox. Ideally, it would be great if there were a way to hover over this image to see a magnified close up of the content. Any recommendations?

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 5.36.48 PM.png

• Solution

The only remaining issue is that I have a full screen image that still appears super small when it's magnified in Lightbox.

Yeah that one is a tough nut to crack. Part of the issue is that the lightbox by design has the nav arrows which are basically two image overlays each taking 50% of the screen to go left and right. If the image could be made full size and scrollable to see the detail those overlays would prevent scrolling. The arrows could be gotten rid of but then, you have the issue that you can't easily nav between images.

Off the top of my head I just don't see a clean way to get the effect you want at least using SS's lightbox.

Perhaps others have ideas.

You might look at Lightbox Anything. I don't know if it will handle the full size image requirement but it wouldn't hurt to contact the author to ask.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.