Domain Transfer - 5 @ instead of 4

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi, I've got a problem with connecting the website with my own hosting and domain. There's an additional IP address and its Required Data form is blank. I've already matched the remaining four in the DNS but I can't figure out what to do with the fifth. Screenshots attached. Thanks!328524604_Zrzutekranu2022-06-30o21_04_34.thumb.png.e80ae3c8a67d34785bba10aa3ed9d940.png1391362329_Zrzutekranu2022-06-30o21_05_19.thumb.png.abdf8d119839202e2b36f5ada98da086.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
33 minutes ago, motacilla said:

There's an additional IP address and its Required Data form is blank.

This is because the record shouldn't exist in your DNS settings. If it still exists, it should be deleted.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for answering! But it appears in five of the records in DNS (ftp, mail, motacillastudio.com, pop, smtp). Should I change the IP of these records in DNS from 181.110.51.200 to one of the IP addresses from Squarespace? Or just delete them all?

The '@' is shorthand for the domain name. If your domain name is motacillastudio.com, this is the one to remove.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

So I've been trying to configure my site with Squarespace.  My domain is .lat so it cannot be transferred to Squarespace and is currently managed by Namecheap.  When I try to connect I see this and as you see the last record is just empty.   All other records are currently found.   I don't know if this has to do with it but I get a SSL error as well.  Any thoughts?image.thumb.png.50125d88ab81703cbaedea59442481f6.png

3 hours ago, mzuniga51 said:

When I try to connect I see this and as you see the last record is just empty.

The same applies. You need to log on to Namecheap and delete the record shown above in red.