CO Delivery Tax

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

On 6/29/2022 at 1:03 PM, WestEndKnits said:

I just got word that businesses in CO need to start charging a delivery fee for basically all orders.

I recommend you contact Squarespace Customer Care to raise this, as I doubt the Retail Delivery Fee is a priority or that it could be added quickly. 

For the moment, you'll probably need to add the 27c fee to each shipping cost and then manually track and pay the fees. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution
25 minutes ago, WestEndKnits said:

The issue is that it is requiring me to separately list this fee- so adding it into the shipping cost isn't following that.

I'm no expert on this but from what I've read, they won't be enforcing the itemisation for the moment because sales platforms, including Squarespace, need time to catch up. Until the platforms do catch up, the majority of businesses can't display it as a line item or automatically collect it from customers.

Regarding workarounds, all I can suggest is to manually add the fee to the each shipping cost and mention it in the shipping description, for example "includes 27c Retail Delivery Fee".

Technical workarounds aren't possible because you won't know whether a customer needs to be charged the fee until the customer reaches the checkout page and selects shipping (instead of pickup). As code isn't allowed on the Squarespace checkout page, we cannot add an itemised fee after they select their shipping/pickup option.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 hours ago, WestEndKnits said:

Thank you for your suggestions!

You are very welcome.