How to offer Free Trial on a Subscription Product? Delay Direct Debit first payments?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

Hello, 

I want to launch our subscription product with the ability off providing a free trail period e.g First Month Free -  like many other businesses / apps do where the direct debit begins on For *X amount Day trail. Is this possible? or via the discounts?

This would give people the incentive to try out the service and if they like it can continue with the service. Would be a major bonus when running marketing campaigns for new sign ups, building trust. 

Any help or work around for others doing similar would be fab 

speak soon

• Solution
5 hours ago, chalkpitrecords said:

I want to launch our subscription product with the ability off providing a free trial period e.g First Month Free

There isn't a built-in "free trial" option but if you are on the Advanced Commerce Plan you can create a discount that is limited to the first payment. This is ideal if you are using monthly payments.

It's a good idea to label the discount "free one month trial" (or something similar) to avoid ambiguity at the checkout stage. The customer will still be required to provide payment information so that regular subscription payments can be taken. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

58 minutes ago, chalkpitrecords said:

I wasn't sure if the discount created applied to every month rather than just first month.

You can use the Limit Subscription Discounts option to limit it to the First Payment.

image.gif.70603b7905ede9f81a4818c48727e766.gif

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.