Domain name query

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello,

I was wondering if and how I might change my recently purchased domain name, through squarespace. I realise it’s very similar to a web site based in the USA. I am in the UK and wanted to change it. Would I simply need to create a new domain name or can edit the existing one?

thanks

• Solution
11 hours ago, 50mileninja said:

I was wondering if and how I might change my recently purchased domain name, through squarespace.

If you registered your domain within the last five days (to the nearest minute) and it is not a country code top-level domain (ccTLD) such as .co.uk, .org.uk, or .uk then you can change your Squarespace domain name. This involves canceling the domain immediately and replacing it with a new domain name.

If the five-day grace period has passed, or you purchased a country code top-level domain that does not have a grace period, then your domain name can't be renamed or cancelled. However you can disable auto-renew to prevent it renewing again in the future. For more details, see Canceling a Squarespace domain.

To replace the domain, register a new one in Settings > Domains.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee