Shipping option weight range - Issue with the last weight range set to infinity

Hi,

I'm currently building my ecommerce and I am struggling with the last weight range because it is set to infinity and I cannot leave it with a nil amount, neither with a fictive amount. 

I need to set only 10 weight ranges, the last one being the "45kg to 50kg".  If eventually an order equals 70 kg than I will send 2 shipments of 35 kg and I will charge the client respectively twice the cost of the range "30kg to 35kg" (35kg x2=70kg). 

Therefore in that case, at the E-shop checkout level, this order should not be loaded with a wrong/fictive shipping fee and I need also the order to be kept on hold (payment shouldn't be done).  After contacting the client, I need to be able to intervene manually by inputting the correct shipping fees and than, processed the payment order.

Are there solutions to achieve that?... by coding perhaps and who could help me on the coding?  

Many thanks!

12 hours ago, metaXana said:

I'm currently building my ecommerce and I am struggling with the last weight range because it is set to infinity and I cannot leave it with a nil amount, neither with a fictive amount. 

@metaXana I would love to provide you with a solution but unfortunately this isn't something anyone can "fix" - anyone except Squarespace's own engineers that is.

US-based users shipping domestically can use the "carrier calculated shipping" feature to automatically calculate real-time (non-discounted) shipping fees with FedEx, UPS, and USPS rates but when you're based in Europe, no such feature exists.

It cannot be fixed with code either because the Squarespace Orders API does not provide order information until after a customer has placed their order when the shipping charges have already been determined, making it impossible for developers to intervene and update shipping rates before a customer completes checkout.

For now, the best advice I can give is to overestimate shipping rates for the higher weight ranges so that you are covered when a customer places a much larger than average order.

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.