PDF Won't Open for Some

Site URL: https://www.namimaine.org/annual-reports

We are having an issue with some people being able to access the PDF from the "2021 Annual Report." The PDF Report has been opening for most, but several people have not been able to access it (say it is "unable to load."). There are no issues with the other pdfs being accessed on this page. 

Could the error be caused by how the pdf was compressed to upload to our site? Any help or directions to explore would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Replies 1
  • Views 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I viewed the PDF just fine. This could be a tricky one to figure out.

One thing I noticed is that it appears the PDF was created with Canva and the others were created with Adobe PDF Library 15.0 via InDesign.

It could be that the people with issues are using old software that has trouble with PDFs produced by Canva.

I suggest trying to bring the PDF into another app like InDesign and export to a new file. Give that file to someone who is having issues and see if they can open it.

It could also be a downloading issue. Can you put the original file up on a file sharing service like Google Drive or Dropbox and see if someone with the can download the file to their computer and then open it there locally?

The idea here is to begin to figure out what element in the process is going wrong. Is it the file itself? Is it the age of the software being used to view the file? Is it the connection? Etc.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.