approving appointments

• Replies 2
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, sybilb said:

i’d like the option to approve or decline appointments when clients schedule them on my website. is that possible?

I assume you are using, or plan to use, Squarespace Scheduling. Although it doesn't have a built-in way to approve or decline appointments, there is a workaround using two calendars—one where clients will request appointments, and another to track confirmed appointments. Here's how to set this up and then use it.

Step 1 - Set up appointment requests

To create appointment a system for appointment requests:

1. Create two appointment types: a public appointment type labeled as a request and a private appointment type labeled as confirmation. Both appointment types should be the same duration.
  2. Customize the email templates for each appointment type’s confirmation email. Turn the request appointment type’s confirmation email into a message that the client’s request has been received, and leave the confirmation appointment type’s confirmation email as a confirmation.
  3. Disable all other automated emails for the request appointment type.
  4. Optionally, click Customize Appearance, then update the Scheduling Instructions field to tell clients that they’re requesting an appointment time that needs a separate confirmation.

Step 2 - Use appointment requests

Every time a client goes through your public scheduler, they’ll book one of your request-type appointments. The client automatically receives the email stating their request has been received, and the appointment appears on your appointment calendar. 

To confirm or reject the appointment, click the appointment to open the appointment details. 

• To reject it, cancel the appointment. The client automatically receives an email notification that the appointment is canceled.
  • To confirm it, edit the appointment to the confirmed appointment type and save your changes. Click the-gear-icon in the top-right corner of the appointment details, then click Resend Confirmation Email. Because you’ve edited the appointment type, the client gets the confirmation email, rather than the request received email.

Note that Scheduling doesn't prompt you to review the incoming requests. If you miss a request, it will remain on your calendar as a request until you manually take action.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...