Standard VAT and zero VAT rated products

• Replies 3
  • Views 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Lizdabs123 said:

I have recently become VAT registered in the UK and sell products that are both zero rated and standard rated for VAT.

Congrats on reaching on your registration. It's usually a big milestone.

Unfortunately, this answer isn't what you'll want to hear. Products cannot have different sales VAT rates on Squarespace and zero-rated VAT isn’t available for individual products.

😲 Yes I know. This is one of the missing commerce features I've been pointing out for literally years. Here's the list that I published in 2018 after four years of asking: Squarespace Commerce Limitations.

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:34 PM, Lizdabs123 said:

That's unbelievable and very frustrating. So my only option is to move away from Squarespace then?

It's extremely frustrating. 🥲

I've raised this again today but in all honesty, I don't believe this will be resolved in the near future. I say that with sadness because I'd love to recommend Squarespace as the platform of choice. Unfortunately, it is currently lacking some commerce features that are available Shopify.

Whatever you decide, I always recommend building out the basic features first (before worrying about the aesthetics, to ensure it will work as you expect. Shopify will lack some features that you'll find on Squarespace too!

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.