Customize Padding On Section

Site URL: http://www.itsalexclark.com/boardmembers

Im hoping your expertise can save me some headaches.  I want to customize the padding on a site I'm developing. I dont want to adjust padding across the entire site... just on certain sections.

This post is trying to achieve the same results as I am: 

The page Im working on: 
https://www.itsalexclark.com/boardmembers

I understand I need to go into ADVANCED settings and type in code that overrides the default code - but Im not having much luck discovering the names of each section. 

For example - I tried a few variations of this:

section#tier-upgrades-section.index-section.page {
padding-top: -100px;    
padding-bottom: -100px;
}

but had no luck.

I tried combing through the code using the code tool in Firefox - but I cant seem to parse out how the naming here works.  Can someone please help explain to me how to figure out the section names or what issue I might be having - 

greatly appreciate it - 

Scottie P

• Replies 3
  • Views 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

Instead of targeting the #tier-upgrades-section, you need to target the padding of the .content element that's nested inside of the element. Try this selector instead:

section#tier-upgrades-section.index-section.page .content {
padding-top: {PUT_VALUE_HERE};
padding-bottom: {PUT_VALUE_HERE};
}

Feel free to email me with any customization inquiries or questions you may have!

Free Squarespace Resources: DevTools Minicourse,  11-Step Guide to Improve Custom CSS, Free Product/Pricing Comparison Table Generator

Hi Caroline - 

Thanks for the reply.  I really appreciate your help.

I gave this a whirl and it unfortunately did not seem to work.  I have attached a video to show what I did.  

Any other ideas? 

P.S. Sorry it took so long for my response - I didn't receive any notifications there was a reply to my original post. Now that I see there are I'll keep a closer eye on this thread. 

On 2/18/2022 at 1:09 AM, CloudCoder said:

Hi Caroline - 

Thanks for the reply.  I really appreciate your help.

I gave this a whirl and it unfortunately did not seem to work.  I have attached a video to show what I did.  

Any other ideas? 

P.S. Sorry it took so long for my response - I didn't receive any notifications there was a reply to my original post. Now that I see there are I'll keep a closer eye on this thread. 

Screen Recording 2022-02-17 at 10.06.44 AM.mov

Can you check video?

This item no longer exists.

Search for related content or start a new post.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)