Adding Google Maps with Real Estate Listings

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi awesome folks,

How easy is it to add a custom Google Maps to a Squarespace site? 

I'm building a website that will feature a Google Maps section to show new built houses in the neighborhood.

Does anyone have experience doing this, or resources to point me to?

Thank you 🙂

Edited by kphoto808
  • Solution

Squarespace has a built-in Map Block that uses Google Maps data to display a single location.

You can extend the capabilities of this Block to show multiple locations easily, by purchasing the Advanced Map Block plugin from Squarewebsites.  This can automatically add locations to the map when you add a blog posts or gallery images containing a location. It also allows you to use custom markers.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, kphoto808 said:

Do I need to sign up and pay for Google Maps to use the Advanced Map Block plugin?

No. It uses the Squarespace Map Block 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If youre looking to show listings on a map or search by map for listings, my company www.myownmls.com makes a Squarespace plugin for realtors, prop mgmrs, vacay owners, etc. Passing along because I think we may offer the only commercial solution out there for Squarespace.

8 hours ago, jrpolan said:

If youre looking to show listings on a map or search by map for listings, my company www.myownmls.com makes a Squarespace plugin for realtors, prop mgmrs, vacay owners, etc. Passing along because I think we may offer the only commercial solution out there for Squarespace.

I'm interested it, however the url doesn't work. Can you check it again?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

7 hours ago, jrpolan said:

Are you outside the US? If so, which country? We block traffic due to bots from a lot of countries via Cloudflare to https://www.myownmls.com/. Let me know and I can open it up for you.

I'm in Vietnam.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)