Google Merchant Data Feed (Google Shopping)

Greetings,

Would it be possible to create a XML or TXT file from Squarespace 6 commerce section?

I would like to get our products listed on google shopping, but it requires a data feed, which would be a major pain to do manually, would it be possible to create a tool to create a data file for this task?

heres the info page from google:https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188478?hl=en&ref_topic=3404777

Thanks so much!

-M

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 23
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Squarespace does not have a supported solution, but I have figured out how to get to a solution.

Navigate to the page that and end-user would use to display the product collection, and append the following to the end of the url: “?format=json-pretty” This will download a file that you can work with that contains all of your products in it. It also contains pricing, weights, and other info. I believe it also contains variants, but have not yet confirmed.

This could be used in one of two ways:

1. Use JavaScript to convert this to an easier-to-use format, maybe CSV that can be imported to Excel.
  2. Use JavaScript to submit the products directly to Google and Bing using their APIs.
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for shop owners to test out a beta version of an app I'm building to create a Google Products data feed. I'm willing to partner with a few participants to test the app directly with their site and Google Merchant account.

If you're interested, please fill out the application form here: http://goo.gl/forms/Ei0LDPcL8UB8tgRj1

Any questions? Email me at ebradbury [at] gmail.

@crpatter @Artur @twizzler3b @FredB @kyacker @donmcdonald @idealcalibrations @RobHudson @frans8 @bendobson @mw818

Web Developer

• 1 month later...

Feedonomics.com has a terrific solution for pulling dynamic product feeds from SquareSpace (as well as any other online shopping cart). We not only bring the feed into our platform, but we generate dynamic optimizations so you get the best possible return on your advertising investment across various channels. We can send the feed to all CSE's (e.g., Google, Bing, Facebook, Pinterest) as well as marketplaces (Amazon, Ebay, etc.)

Visit our website for more details on the integration:http://feedonomics.com/exporting-squarespace-google-shopping-feed/

Call or email us for a free platform demo and feed audit! patrick@feedonomics.com | 844-673-7305

Patrick

@crpatter @Artur @twizzler3b @FredB @kyacker @donmcdonald @idealcalibrations @RobHudson @frans8 @bendobson @mw818

• 1 year later...

I used this service and I can confirm that it works. The website can seem a bit complicated, but their support helped me and they even set up my campaign, so I definitely recommend them.

• 9 months later...

You're charging for this service? On top of what we pay for our site? I've been a loyal customer for many years, and am very reluctant to switch, however, Shopify offers this service included in their price. I feel this should be an added feature included in the ecommerce plan.

Archived