Family Trees

This may be a long shot but this forum has always been so lovely and helpful so I thought I'd reach out!

Currently putting together a website for a client who breeds pedigree siberian huskies and he would like to include a family tree for each dog.

I've attached an example - the easiest way would be to create this as an image and place it in, but ideally I would like to implement it properly so the client can come in and edit themselves. 

Understand this may be tricky and not capable for mobiles but I wondered if anyone had tried anything similar?

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 15.54.33.png

• 2 months later...
On 2/28/2022 at 8:11 AM, IndInk said:

I just found this thread and have a suggestion...
I used a Google sheet to create a family tree and embedded it using the Custom Tables plugin from Squarewebsites (It comes free with their pro extension) It works well, can be customised to your clients colours, fonts etc and all updates done on sheets will show on site.

When your site is live, can you share link to page where you added family trees? Thank you!

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...

Sure thing! It's on a demo template site - here is the link:

https://jones-family-template.squarespace.com/?password=demo - then navigate to 'history' page.

The tree there is linked to a Google sheet which just has the names shown but could obviously show more information and possibly images. You could also link it to pages for each person as shown, or in the case above, to each dog, and show images and pedigree information there. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 9:58 AM, IndInk said:

Sure thing! It's on a demo template site - here is the link:

https://jones-family-template.squarespace.com/?password=demo - then navigate to 'history' page.

The tree there is linked to a Google sheet which just has the names shown but could obviously show more information and possibly images. You could also link it to pages for each person as shown, or in the case above, to each dog, and show images and pedigree information there. 

Oh wow, this is great! Is the plug-in quite straightforward to use?

It would need to have links to each dog for sure, but we won't need to worry about images, otherwise we'd have hundreds of dogs! (not particularly a bad thing!!) 😂