Simple Lists Sections & Page Anchors are broken

Site URL: https://pte.squarespace.com/about

Hello,

I have three buttons on the top of my About page that need to transport the user to three different Squarespace ID Sections of the page:

"Team; Process; Pricing"

I am using code blocks to achieve this, so I can implement an arrow icon into the button links. I managed to get the Process & Pricing anchors to work, but for some reason "Team" won't work. I think this is because there is an issue with jumping to the Squarespace section preset "List," which is what I am using. I came across the same issue on the "Careers" Page,  (https://pte.squarespace.com/careers) where I got "Open Positions" to work, but "Benefits" wouldn't work because it is a template Squarespace list. 

I tried other methods of linking to anchors, but it still wouldn't work for these sections. Please please help. 

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

• Replies 2
  • Views 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/22/2021 at 11:59 PM, pbueno24 said:

Site URL: https://pte.squarespace.com/about

Hello,

I have three buttons on the top of my About page that need to transport the user to three different Squarespace ID Sections of the page:

"Team; Process; Pricing"

I am using code blocks to achieve this, so I can implement an arrow icon into the button links. I managed to get the Process & Pricing anchors to work, but for some reason "Team" won't work. I think this is because there is an issue with jumping to the Squarespace section preset "List," which is what I am using. I came across the same issue on the "Careers" Page,  (https://pte.squarespace.com/careers) where I got "Open Positions" to work, but "Benefits" wouldn't work because it is a template Squarespace list. 

I tried other methods of linking to anchors, but it still wouldn't work for these sections. Please please help. 

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

Hi @pbueno24,

After taking a look on your site, It seems that the following id does not exist

#page-section-611e6da4c811236f0af8d4db

Try replacing it to the following id in the 'Team' button

#611e6da4c811236f0af8d4db

Let me know how it works on your site

Press 👍 or mark this answer as solution to help another one too

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

@bangank36,

Ohhh, I see what I was doing wrong. "#page-section" is unnecessary because you are already on the correct page when you need to link to the section from the page buttons. 

However, I wonder if I should have setup the Main Navigation differently. I was having trouble initially with creating the "About" page drop down menu.

Would you be able to help me set up the Navigation bar, so that when you click on "Team" from the "About" drop down menu, it takes you to the Our Team section? Right now I have "Team" setup as a page, while "Process" and "Pricing" are setup as page links. "Process" & "Pricing" from the About drop down menu work perfectly, but I'm not sure how to go about linking the "Team" dropdown to the "Team" Section ID.

To clarify, say you are on the "Work" page. How can I get the Section ID to work for "Team" in the About dropdown menu?

Thanks

1124019852_Screenshot(38).thumb.png.02c6a2af144dd6afd50e16350435b16c.png