Main nav button - help linking it to a specific page section

I'm trying to jump to a specific page section (not an index page) from the main navigation bar button and can't find how to make that work - do any of you have the secret? I can link to pages, emails, other websites, but can't figure out how to link that jump (I have isolated the relevant section id, naturally). Thanks in advance if you can help, I know I'm missing something obvious!

• Replies 4
  • Views 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, KNP said:

I'm trying to jump to a specific page section (not an index page) from the main navigation bar button and can't find how to make that work - do any of you have the secret? I can link to pages, emails, other websites, but can't figure out how to link that jump (I have isolated the relevant section id, naturally). Thanks in advance if you can help, I know I'm missing something obvious!

Can you add this to the text link? With the unqiue-id changed to your section unique id

/#unique-id

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

1 hour ago, KNP said:

I'm trying to jump to a specific page section

Please provide us with a URl for the page so that the community can take a look. Also, if the site isn't live, please set a password in the visibility settings and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks all. I was following tutorials I'd found on line using section IDs as this seemed the simplest and cleanest way to create what I needed, but Squarespace support have advised against that approach and have suggested this instead: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/207135178-Creating-anchor-links, which isn't working yet, but hopefully will soon! I'm dropping it here in case anyone else tries the section ID approach and it doesn't work on their site either. Hope this helps.