Switching from 7.1 back to 7.0

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi, 

I currently have 7.1 site there are things I like about it but I think that 7.0 will better suit my brand. Before I make the switch I have questions:

Is the accordion feature available in 7.0?

Can you connect to Squareup to sell in person? (7.1 allows this) click on Sell Now and as you sell the products are marked Sold

Is the afterpay feature available in 7.0? I'm eligible and use it on my site now.

I will have to start over can I import my products from 7.1 to 7.0? or will I have to re-upload?

Thanks!

• Solution
3 hours ago, MoonMama said:

I currently have 7.1 site there are things I like about it but I think that 7.0 will better suit my brand. 

Is the accordion feature available in 7.0?

The accordion block is available on both 7.0 and 7.1 sites.

Can you connect to Squareup to sell in person?

POS (using Square payments) is available on both 7.0 and 7.1, subject to the usual restrictions (such as USA only).

Is the afterpay feature available in 7.0?

Afterpay is available on both 7.0 and 7.1, however the Afterpay logo only appears during checkout on 7.0; it doesn't appear beside products. Afterpay is subject to the usual product and country restrictions.

Can I import my products from 7.1 to 7.0?

You can export from one and import into the other. However, there are a number of limitations to be aware of:

• Squarespace 7.0 is limited to 200 products per store (as opposed to 10,000 on 7.1)
  • You must add the product categories to your new store before attempting to import products with categories, otherwise the categories won't be set.
  • The thumbnail image won't be set on imported products. You'll need to set this manually for each product!
  • The import is only for physical and service products; digital products, subscription products, and gift cards won’t be assigned.
  • Products can only be imported as published or hidden; you cannot import them as scheduled.
  • You should not include code or formatting in the import. For example, bulleted lists, hyperlinks and on-standard characters should be removed.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The accordion block is available on both 7.0 and 7.1 sites.

POS (using Square payments) is available on both 7.0 and 7.1, subject to the usual restrictions (such as USA only).

Afterpay is available on both 7.0 and 7.1, however the Afterpay logo only appears during checkout on 7.0; it doesn't appear beside products. Afterpay is subject to the usual product and country restrictions.

You can export from one and import into the other. However, there are a number of limitations to be aware of:

• Squarespace 7.0 is limited to 200 products per store (as opposed to 10,000 on 7.1)
  • You must add the product categories to your new store before attempting to import products with categories, otherwise the categories won't be set.
  • The thumbnail image won't be set on imported products. You'll need to set this manually for each product!
  • The import is only for physical and service products; digital products, subscription products, and gift cards won’t be assigned.
  • Products can only be imported as published or hidden; you cannot import them as scheduled.
  • You should not include code or formatting in the import. For example, bulleted lists, hyperlinks and on-standard characters should be removed.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Thank you for answering all of my questions @paul2009 so helpful. This may be an obvious question but can I export my orders from 7.1 to 7.0 as in previous orders to not lose that information? 

11 minutes ago, MoonMama said:

can I export my orders from 7.1 to 7.0 as in previous orders to not lose that information? 

No. Sadly none of the backend information (profiles and orders) can be migrated at this time.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.