How do you completely delete an image from a site?

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

I found some directions on the squarespace help saying you can delete an image by going through the my library tab. I can see the image listed there but the option to delete it is not there. 

To be clear - i don't want to just remove the image from a page - i want to complete remove the image from my site so that it's no longer viewable/accessible. 

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you delete all copies of the image from your site, Squarespace automatically removes the image sometime between 8 to 38 days later. 

If the image must be deleted sooner than this, the site owner should contact Squarespace Customer Care, including the following information:

• Static URL Removal Request
  • The domain name or built-in domain 
  • The static URL(s) of the images you’d like to remove. If you need multiple assets removed, separate each URL with a comma.

If this post was helpful, please click an icon below  ⬇️ 

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 10 months later...
  • Solution

Hi all!

I wanted to share a quick update that you can now select/delete/upload multiple images at the same time from your site's library. As Paul mentioned, you can also reach out to our Customer Support team to have the static URL removed from out system. 

Here's some more information about removing images from your site's library: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542377-Managing-and-reusing-images#toc-delete-images-from-my-library