Gallery lightbox captions in 7.1

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Hello All,

I've been reading earlier threads on how to make captions appear when viewing gallery pics in lightbox view. 

I'm wondering if injecting special code into my gallery page header is the only way to achieve this.  If so, I'll need to upgrade to a business plan. (I'm currently on a personal plan in 7.1.)

I just want to be sure this is the only way to do this, before I go ahead and change plans.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Sincerely,
7TK

Edited by 7TK
  • 7TK changed the title to Gallery lightbox captions in 7.1
  • Solution
6 hours ago, 7TK said:

Hello All,

I've been reading earlier threads on how to make captions appear when viewing gallery pics in lightbox view. 

I'm wondering if injecting special code into my gallery page header is the only way to achieve this.  If so, I'll need to upgrade to a business plan. (I'm currently on a personal plan in 7.1.)

I just want to be sure this is the only way to do this, before I go ahead and change plans.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Sincerely,
7TK

It will be easier to use javascript since it will help fetching the caption from the image/slide, that you can edit the text directly in editor. 

But there is a trick that require more effort from you to find the slide id and manually adding the caption into custom css. Each slide has unique id that can be used to target like so

image.thumb.png.872002149de864e54aeb336b2639cdae.png

For js solution, join this topic for previous answer

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!