Custom Code for Checkout Required for Google Shopping Campaigns

Site URL: https://www.lavieestbelle.live/

Hi,

My Squarespace site is an ecommerce site.  I am working with Google to initiate Google Shopping Campaigns.  My Google Merchant Center has been suspended due to "misrepresentation".  I have been advised that I need to show visuals of CCs or all major forms of payment on my checkout page (see attached example).  I have contacted Squarespace Customer Support Team and advised I reach out to this forum.  I am hoping this group can advise on the code and where I might include or insert it. 

Thank you greatly for any and all help/guidance!!!  Kristin

Interaction with Google:

Thank you for contacting Shopping Ads Customer Support regarding your Merchant Center account: 405773295. We appreciate your patience while we worked on your query.

Summary: I'm saw the payment methods from the footer. However, when I tried processing a checkout in one of your items from the website, it didn't show the payment method.

Query: Account suspended for misrepresentation.

Recommendation: Kindly make sure that the payment methods are available not only in the footer but also in the checkout page.

Google Shopping Ad Campaign Requirements_061821.jpg

3 hours ago, krehkamp said:

My Google Merchant Center has been suspended due to "misrepresentation".  I have been advised that I need to show visuals of CCs or all major forms of payment on my checkout page

Hi Kristin

Account suspensions can be very stressful because they rarely provide accurate information behind the reason and this can make it very difficult to resolve quickly.

Google’s checkout requirements state that you must “Provide the available payment methods before checkout.” This is fair as it ensures there are no surprises when a customer reaches the checkout. Adding this information to the footer will have helped you to meet this requirement. However, I have never heard of any requirement to change the actual checkout page and I worry that this is a “red herring” rather than the reason for the claim of ‘misrepresentation’.

To be clear, the Squarespace checkout page cannot be changed. It’s locked down to prevent changes by anyone other than Squarespace’s own engineers. If this page were the source of the issue, no-one using Squarespace would be able to use Google Shopping campaigns. If they have recently changed this, and do require modifications to the checkout then the only way to resolve it will be to escalate your support ticket with Squarespace Customer Care.

In the first instance, I recommend you check Google’s documentation on misrepresentation to ensure you have met all their requirements and that it isn’t something really simple, such as not including a charity or tax exemption number for charitable donations.

Let us know how you get on.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.