Adding an "Add to Cart" Button/Function SquareSpace 7.1

Site URL: https://www.platypusgolfco.com

Hi,

I am trying to customize the checkout experience on my squarespace page and am running into some issues. Prior to enabling "Express Checkout" the button on the product page would only add the item to the users cart and would keep them on the same product page. Is there a way to have this button add the item to the shopping cart while also directing individuals to the shopping cart where they can then click a button to checkout or "continue shopping." 

Ideally, I would like two buttons on the product page, 1 that says "Add to Cart" and takes the individual to their cart and the 2nd button that is a "Purchase Now" that takes the user directly to the checkout page. 

As it is now, when users go directly to the checkout page after adding 1 item it seems like an extra task to get back to the shop if they wanted to add additional items. 

Thank you in advance!

Tom 

• Replies 1
  • Views 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Express Checkout is designed by nature to be one and done. In other words it is for sites that intend that you only buy one item.

You could try the following first. You'll need to turn off Express Checkout if it is on.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.