I created a calculator and embedded the code but it only shows up when page is refreshed

Site URL: https://www.rscommercialcleaninginc.com

I used a website called Ucalc and created a calculator which in turn spat out an HTML code that I was able to copy and past into Squarespace. Now every time I open the page the calculator does not appear. I have to refresh the page for the calculator to show up.  

If you go to my website using this link https://www.rscommercialcleaninginc.com and click on the tab "Estimate Calculator" in the top right corner you will see that the calculator will not come up. You will have to refresh the page to see it.

Any idea as to why that is happening?

Edited by fourstajic
  • fourstajic changed the title to I created a calculator and embedded the code but it only shows up when page is refreshed
  • Replies 3
  • Views 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Sometimes embedded documents do not appear because there are prepackaged scripts and styles that prevent the widget from loading under certain conditions or conflict with your websites existing scripts.

The first thing that comes to my mind is disabling AJAX loading.

Depending on your website version or template, you may have the option to disable AJAX loading in the Site Styles menu. If this solves your problem, it's likely something to do with the scripts included in the widget that conflict with Squarespace's loading system. If AJAX loading is a feature you don't mind disabling, that may be the easiest and most simple solution. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if this didn't solve your problem.

26 minutes ago, Wolfsilon said:

Hello,

Sometimes embedded documents do not appear because there are prepackaged scripts and styles that prevent the widget from loading under certain conditions or conflict with your websites existing scripts.

The first thing that comes to my mind is disabling AJAX loading.

Depending on your website version or template, you may have the option to disable AJAX loading in the Site Styles menu. If this solves your problem, it's likely something to do with the scripts included in the widget that conflict with Squarespace's loading system. If AJAX loading is a feature you don't mind disabling, that may be the easiest and most simple solution. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if this didn't solve your problem.

Wolfsilon,

Thank you for your help. It seems to have work. Although, another issue has come up. The calculator does show up without having to refresh the page, but it takes quite a while for it to appear.

Any way to address that, to get it to appear quicker?

You're welcome -- I'm glad that worked.

The widget will take sometime to load because it needs to contact the third-party servers and then relay the information back to your website and then serve the information to the user. While the loading time shouldn't be as long as the loading time for your widget (took me about 3 minutes to load).

The easiest solution to speed up that process is usually AJAX loading -- Unfortunately, we've determined that AJAX loading is the cause of the initial problem you wrote about. You might consider reaching out to Ucalc support and see if there is an alternative widget you can use specifically for Squarespace. They might also be able to help you install and write some javascript that will load the widget appropriately.