Remove author, date and newer/older in Hayden (Bedford family) blogs

Hi there

I use the Hayden template (Bedford family) and need to remove the date and author at the top and newer/older post at the bottom.

Also, in AMP format, I would like to remove date and author at the top and "Discover more from XXX" at the bottom.

Does anyone know what code to inject for this?

Many thanks

• Replies 20
  • Views 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please post the URL for your site. Depending on what settings you having going on site your will dictate what code we provide.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

remove author at the top

1745187879_ScreenShot2021-03-31at11_44_53AM.png.72fc67bf1a74ad30d6c10f847bfed68f.png

Add the following to Blog Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the blog page.

<style>

.entry-dateline,
  .pagination

{

display : none;

}

</style>

This is for v7.0 using Bedford template family.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Now that I look more deeply into the situation it appears as though there is no way to change the presentation of the AMP format. ☹️

You can remove the lines...

.amp-article-author-name,
  .amp-article-html-block p:nth-last-of-type( 3 ),
  .amp-article-pubdate,

My apologies for getting your hopes up.

AMP is designed to be fast loading so I assume Squarespace chose to not provide ways to customize it or it wasn't on their radar when they implemented the feature.

Technically there isn't a reason SS couldn't add features to allow AMP customization. But that would be a feature request that you would need to submit to SS.

Add the following to Blog Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the blog page.

<style>

.next-label,
  .prev-label

{

visibility : hidden;

}

.next-label:before {

content : '>';
    visibility : visible;

}

.prev-label:before {

content : '<';

}

</style>

This if for v7.0 using the Bedford template family.

You will need to remove the CSS selector for hiding the pagination of course. Also you may want to add some font properties to adjust size and such.

Let us know how it goes.

On 4/5/2021 at 5:01 PM, creedon said:

<style>

.next-label,
  .prev-label

{

}

.next-label:before {

}

.prev-label:before {

}

</style>

You will need to remove the CSS selector for hiding the pagination of course. Also you may want to add some font properties to adjust size and such.

Let us know how it goes.

That's great thank you!

How do I remove " VIEW POST" from the banner on https://www.lipotherapeia.com/skincare?

<style>

.sqs-featured-posts-gallery .gallery-wrapper .posts .post .view-post {

}

</style>

Let us know how it goes.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:57 PM, creedon said:

1745187879_ScreenShot2021-03-31at11_44_53AM.png.72fc67bf1a74ad30d6c10f847bfed68f.png

<style>

.entry-dateline,
  .pagination

{

}

</style>

This is for v7.0 using Bedford template family.

Let us know how it goes.

Is it possible to eliminate the "Newer post" and "Older post" text plus the blog post titles underneath them with "<" and ">" but with the hyperlinks to the newer/older posts intact?

Example: https://www.lipotherapeia.com/the-peach-factor-blog/25-things-you-did-not-know-about-fat

Thanks

<style>

.pagination .next-label,
  .pagination .prev-label {

}

.pagination .newer *,
  .pagination .older *

{

height : 0;

}

.pagination .newer a span,
  .pagination .older a span

{

font-size : 24px;
      font-weight : 400;

}

.pagination .newer a span:before {

}

.pagination .older a span:before {

display : block;

}

</style>

Let us know how it goes.

Archived