Can you add a gallery section into the footer 7.1?

• 6 months later...
On 10/11/2021 at 3:56 AM, jeffratto said:

Hi. I'm trying to add a logo wall to my footer as well and I was wondering if there was a solution for this. When I add a section to the footer, the only sections available to select from are "Footer" sections. There is no way to select a "Gallery" section.

Can you take a screenshot of "Footer" sections?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 10/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, jeffratto said:

Hi. I'm trying to add a logo wall to my footer as well and I was wondering if there was a solution for this. When I add a section to the footer, the only sections available to select from are "Footer" sections. There is no way to select a "Gallery" section.

Did you find a solution to this?

On 10/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, caroline.leonard said:

Did you find a solution to this?

Hi Caroline, I wasn't able to add a Gallery section to the footer. My workaround was to use 6 image blocks in one row. Then I used some CSS to make sure that the logo images appeared in two columns on mobile instead of one column. Attached are screenshots of the final result. 

My main issue with this solution is that it wouldn't allow me to have 5 logo images at the same size. For some reason, it makes one logo image larger than the others. Thus, I decided to go with 6 logos. I'm sure I could add some CSS to fix this issue if necessary.

It would be much easier if we could access the Gallery sections in the footer.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:20 AM, tuanphan said:

Can you take a screenshot of "Footer" sections?

Attached are screenshots of my workaround by using image blocks and custom CSS for mobile display. I wasn't able to access the Gallery section in the footer section (last screenshot shows what's available).

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.01.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.01.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.04.35 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was trying to do the same thing. Add a image carousel in the footer to make a logo slider. Since this function was not available, I did a work around... 

I made my image carousel just in the page, with all the right settings and CSS. Then I opened the pages code in Google Chrome, searched for the section and I copied the entire thing. Then I added a code block in footer and paste the code their. It works and it's mobile friendly. There are some beauty troubles tho like page width and white space between the sections but yeah.. 

I've hidden the "donor" section on the copywriting page where I copied the code from. So when I want to add or edit the logo wall I just do it there, then refresh and copy/paste the code again. It's a big work around, but it beats editing almost every page when we add a new big client or project which we want to show off in the logo wall. 

You can check out the site www.alphaleads.eu. Hope this helps, and hope that @Squarespace will add the function since this is just basic CMS I think. Making a "template" like a logo wall which you can edit when you want and paste in pages you want.

Edited by AlphaVincent
change in answer