Would appreciate some feedback on my new site.

• Replies 6
  • Views 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Nice minimal look and feel, very suitable for the sort of product you are selling

2. It's a shame (on desktop) that you don't get to see the products without scrolling.

3. Blog section is a little short on content. The article itself is hard to read with text centred. Consider how you want to speak to your customers. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't talk to them with a list of bullet points 🙂

4. In the shop section, there's not much point in displaying items that are 'sold out' towards the top of the list (if at all). People can't buy them! Consider removing them or having the ability to be notified when they are back in stock.

On 3/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, dcjarvis said:

1. Nice minimal look and feel, very suitable for the sort of product you are selling

2. It's a shame (on desktop) that you don't get to see the products without scrolling.

3. Blog section is a little short on content. The article itself is hard to read with text centred. Consider how you want to speak to your customers. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't talk to them with a list of bullet points 🙂

4. In the shop section, there's not much point in displaying items that are 'sold out' towards the top of the list (if at all). People can't buy them! Consider removing them or having the ability to be notified when they are back in stock.

Thanks for this feedback - really helpful and I've made changes. I agree on the blog section - I think I was so concerned with getting safety points across that I've dehumanised it. Good point on the products section too - I'll move them and set up notifications. 

Thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 11:28 PM, thesimpleexplorer said:

The imagery is gorgeous and everything looks really professional and clean! Love it. The only thing I'd say is on the blog page, I can see you've left the standard Squarespace landscape image up and I feel like it doesn't flow with the rest of your imagery? 

Thank you very much - I know the blog needs a bit of work, I cannot for the life of me work out how to change that photo. have been waiting for a really from Squarespace. Thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...

I like the bright and cloudy feel of the website, and it fits well with what you sell! Also really like your photos.

In terms of improvements: On "Core Collection/Seasonal Editions" on the homepage, I firstly didn't see that text, and got confused about why the images were there. A solution to this could be to place the text over the images so you know it is clickable. Also, decrease its height as they are very big on my monitor. 

Also, the images on the bottom, why are they there?

But as I say, you did a great job!😃

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

Archived