I would like to change the image size that comes up when I hover over a page link on my home screen, Hawley template

Site URL: https://www.wij.design/

Hello!

So I use Squarespace to host my portfolio.

My home screen has a list of past projects. 

The hawley template allows me to choose an image that fills the screen when I hover over the project page link.

I've been resizing the image, in my image (if that makes sense). The image I'm uploading to Squarespace is a mostly white background, with my project image resized and placed in the part of the screen I want it to pop up on. 

Is there any way for me to edit the size and placement of this image, so that I don't have to format each image in the way mentioned above? So that when I upload the image to Squarespace I want used, it shows up as 500x281 at a specified location.

All help is very much appreciated, thank you!

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2021 at 5:47 PM, Wijdesign said:

Site URL: https://www.wij.design/

Hello!

So I use Squarespace to host my portfolio.

My home screen has a list of past projects. 

The hawley template allows me to choose an image that fills the screen when I hover over the project page link.

I've been resizing the image, in my image (if that makes sense). The image I'm uploading to Squarespace is a mostly white background, with my project image resized and placed in the part of the screen I want it to pop up on. 

Is there any way for me to edit the size and placement of this image, so that I don't have to format each image in the way mentioned above? So that when I upload the image to Squarespace I want used, it shows up as 500x281 at a specified location.

All help is very much appreciated, thank you!

So you looking for solution to upload images with its original dimension instead of big blank image with your content in middle right?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 3/20/2021 at 6:46 AM, bangank36 said:

So you looking for solution to upload images with its original dimension instead of big blank image with your content in middle right?

yeah! pretty much!

Not necessarily original dimensions, just smaller and in a specific place on screen.

It would be most convenient if I could upload an image at any size, and Squarespace would resize it to fit the specified dimensions.

But, I'm more than happy to resize all the home screen images. as long as they all appear in the same place on screen.

1 hour ago, Wijdesign said:

yeah! pretty much!

Not necessarily original dimensions, just smaller and in a specific place on screen.

It would be most convenient if I could upload an image at any size, and Squarespace would resize it to fit the specified dimensions.

But, I'm more than happy to resize all the home screen images. as long as they all appear in the same place on screen.

All images are on the same place?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 3/22/2021 at 11:57 PM, bangank36 said:

All images are on the same place?

I think I've got it to work! 

Posting here incase anyone else wants to do the same. 

.portfolio-hover-bg-img{
 background-image: url("INSERT IMAGE URL HERE");
position: absolute;
top: 35px;
left: 400px;
width: 500px;
height: 281px;
}

If you want to do the same, just copy and paste this and replace "INSERT IMAGE URL HERE" with your url, and play around with the spacing by increasing or decreasing the pixel count. 

Archived