auto-pause an audio player when another source is playing

Site URL: https://www.lanouvellecompagnie.com/au-coeur-des-tenebres

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the possibility to stop the reading of an audio file when another source with audio is launched on the same page.

Basically, this page is a presentation of an artistic project. I'd like to offer to visitors the possibility to listen to a soundtrack excerpt, so they can get in the mood while they're reading the description texts. For this I can either add an audio block or a soundcloud block into the first section on my page. Then, a video excerpt is proposed after the texts. 

I timed a two minutes reading before visitors get to the video, so this will be the lenght of the audio excerpt. But as everybody has a different reading, I wonder if there is any way the audio player can automaticly stop (or pause) when the video is being played. 

As I said, the audio player can either be an audio block or a soundcloud player. I'ld like the video to be played through Vimeo player, but I can use another one if needed.

Moreover, I'ld like to not use autoplay and give choice to the visitor to listen to the excerpt or not.

(the audio and video files are just exemples, at the moment).

Thanks for your time !

• Replies 0
  • Views 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived