Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
  • 0

How can I change the hover color on a custom social media icon?


pixies1

Question

Site URL: https://typeaprofessionals.com

Hello! For my social media icons, I was able to replace Squarespace's generic link icon with a customized Google icon using the code below (and uploading an image of the Google icon).

However, I would like the Google icon to hover on the same color as my other social media icons. Does someone know how to add to my code below to make this work?

Thank you in advance!

------

//replace link icon with Google icon//

.sqs-svg-icon--list a:nth-of-type(2) { svg {  display:none;  }  background-image: url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ec8617eea936a6584ab0cca/t/603c4d56d5c9360a36489e3a/1614564694083/G+icon.png);  background-size: 83%;  background-repeat: no-repeat;}


//social media icons color//

//standard color//
.sqs-use--icon {
  fill: #d9d9d6 !important;
}

//social media icons color on hover//
.sqs-svg-icon--wrapper:hover {
  .sqs-use--icon {
    fill: #babc16 !important;
  } 
}

Link to comment

Recommended Posts

  • 0
6 hours ago, pixies1 said:

Site URL: https://typeaprofessionals.com

Hello! For my social media icons, I was able to replace Squarespace's generic link icon with a customized Google icon using the code below (and uploading an image of the Google icon).

However, I would like the Google icon to hover on the same color as my other social media icons. Does someone know how to add to my code below to make this work?

Thank you in advance!

------

//replace link icon with Google icon//

.sqs-svg-icon--list a:nth-of-type(2) { svg {  display:none;  }  background-image: url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ec8617eea936a6584ab0cca/t/603c4d56d5c9360a36489e3a/1614564694083/G+icon.png);  background-size: 83%;  background-repeat: no-repeat;}


//social media icons color//

//standard color//
.sqs-use--icon {
  fill: #d9d9d6 !important;
}

//social media icons color on hover//
.sqs-svg-icon--wrapper:hover {
  .sqs-use--icon {
    fill: #babc16 !important;
  } 
}

You should use image editor to create the image with new color and add this css for hover 

.sqs-svg-icon--list a:nth-of-type(2):hover {
    background-image: url(-hover-image-url);
    background-size: 83%;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

 

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
  • 0
41 minutes ago, pixies1 said:

Thank you bangank36, I uploaded a green version of the icon and added your CSS, but now the icon disappears on hover instead of turning green.

Any ideas?

 

you got to remove the placeholder text

url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ec8617eea936a6584ab0cca/t/60494a58cccf6256af3a673e/1615415896842/google-icon-01+CHART.png)

 

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
  • 0
On 3/11/2021 at 6:36 AM, pixies1 said:

Haha, I thought I deleted your placeholder text when I pasted the new URL but now I see that I hadn't 🙃

It looks perfect!! Thank you for the elegant solution!!

 

Hi. I see some pages on tablet are a bit narrow. Do you want to change to 2 columns/row?

image.thumb.png.430c9c4c1766197a24969ee81a59d765.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 3/21/2021 at 3:51 AM, pixies1 said:

Yes! My site looks okay on a horizontal tablet view but vertical looks terrible, as you noticed 🙂

If you can instruct me how to fix it, I would be most grateful. Thank you!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Projects on tablet */
@media screen and (max-width:991px) and (min-width:768px) {
div#page-section-5f6931e923817829139fed75 .span-2 {
    width: 32%;
}
div#page-section-5f6931e923817829139fed75 .span-2:nth-child(4) {
    margin-left: 34%;
}
div#page-section-5f6931e923817829139fed75 .span-2:nth-child(n+4) {
    margin-top: 20px;
}
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0

Thank you! Looks much better. Is it possible to have the second column underneath the first column and the fourth column underneath the third column so they read down in alphabetical order?

Link to comment
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Hi @tuanphan,

I redesigned my site and now the code that you previously provided to me to make my projects list section look great in tablet view no longer works, and my attempts to rework your code have been unsuccessful.

Can you please help me again? On my home page in the "We do it all. And then some." section, I'd like for that list of four columns to appear as just two (alphabetical) columns in tablet view.

https://www.typeaprofessionals.com/

 

Column 1: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5173

Column 2: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5821

Column 3: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_7815

Column 4: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_9427

🙂

Edited by pixies1
updated
Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/2/2021 at 10:52 PM, pixies1 said:

Hi @tuanphan,

I redesigned my site and now the code that you previously provided to me to make my projects list section look great in tablet view no longer works, and my attempts to rework your code have been unsuccessful.

Can you please help me again? On my home page in the "We do it all. And then some." section, I'd like for that list of four columns to appear as just two (alphabetical) columns in tablet view.

https://www.typeaprofessionals.com/

 

Column 1: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5173

Column 2: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5821

Column 3: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_7815

Column 4: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_9427

🙂

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* We do it all tablet */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053642909_82057+.row .span-3 {
    width: 50%;
}
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/2/2021 at 10:52 PM, pixies1 said:

Hi @tuanphan,

I redesigned my site and now the code that you previously provided to me to make my projects list section look great in tablet view no longer works, and my attempts to rework your code have been unsuccessful.

Can you please help me again? On my home page in the "We do it all. And then some." section, I'd like for that list of four columns to appear as just two (alphabetical) columns in tablet view.

https://www.typeaprofessionals.com/

 

Column 1: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5173

Column 2: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5821

Column 3: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_7815

Column 4: #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_9427

🙂

Also, do you want to improve these?

Site URL – https://www.typeaprofessionals.com/

1. (Mobile-Homepage) Make buttons side by side

typeaprofessionals.com-01-min.png

2. (Mobile-Homepage) reduce white spacing?

typeaprofessionals.com-02-min.png

3. (Mobile-Homepage) Equal spacing between items?

typeaprofessionals.com-03-min.png

4. (Mobile-Homepage) Change to 2 logos/row?

typeaprofessionals.com-04-min.png

5. (Mobile-Homepage) reduce white spacing?

typeaprofessionals.com-05-min.png

6. (Mobile) Page looks long on mobile. Want to add a back to top button?

typeaprofessionals.com-06-min.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
13 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Design > Custom CSS


/* We do it all tablet */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053642909_82057+.row .span-3 {
    width: 50%;
}
}

 

Worked, thank you! Is there a way to change the order of the columns in tablet view so the list reads in alphabetical order from top to bottom?

Current:

1st column     2nd column

3rd column   4th column

 

Preferred:

1st column     3rd column

2nd column   4th column

Link to comment
  • 0

I was able to decrease all the white spacing by hiding the individual spacers I didn't want to show on mobile. If there's a better way to do this, I'd love to know. Thank you for that suggestion!

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/4/2021 at 10:28 PM, pixies1 said:

Worked, thank you! Is there a way to change the order of the columns in tablet view so the list reads in alphabetical order from top to bottom?

Current:

1st column     2nd column

3rd column   4th column

 

Preferred:

1st column     3rd column

2nd column   4th column

Hi. Which problem?

--

Sorry, my site is suspend so some images can't load properly.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0

I moved the projects list to the home page so the previous code you gave me doesn't work and I don't know how/where to get the new div code?? Sorry!!

I'd also love to improve the "testimonials page" on tablet and have the quotes be 2 columns across in 3 rows instead of 3 columns across in 2 rows. Is this possible?

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/8/2021 at 9:11 PM, pixies1 said:

I moved the projects list to the home page so the previous code you gave me doesn't work and I don't know how/where to get the new div code?? Sorry!!

I'd also love to improve the "testimonials page" on tablet and have the quotes be 2 columns across in 3 rows instead of 3 columns across in 2 rows. Is this possible?

 

Hi. Which code doesn't work? Can you describe the problem?

Can you share link to testimonial page?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0

Hi Tuan,

This code no longer works for the projects section on my homepage:

@media screen and (max-width:767px) { div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053642909_82057+.row .span-3 { width: 50%; } }

I would like the 4 columns to appear as 2 columns in tablet view.

And on my testimonials page, I'd like the 3 columns to appear as 2 columns in tablet view.

https://www.typeaprofessionals.com/testimonials

Thank you!

Link to comment
  • 0
4 hours ago, pixies1 said:

Hi Tuan,

This code no longer works for the projects section on my homepage:

@media screen and (max-width:767px) { div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053642909_82057+.row .span-3 { width: 50%; } }

I would like the 4 columns to appear as 2 columns in tablet view.

And on my testimonials page, I'd like the 3 columns to appear as 2 columns in tablet view.

https://www.typeaprofessionals.com/testimonials

Thank you!

You got to find the new block id since each of them has different id using this tool

Squarespace ID Finder - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

For your case, add a new space on top of the row and change the id accordingly

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
  • 0

Hi Bangan, thanks for the response! I have the block IDs for the 4 columns, I just don't know how to use them in CSS to get the 4 columns to appear as 2 columns in tablet view. 

Here are the block IDs:

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5173

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5821

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_7815

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_9427

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/12/2021 at 9:05 PM, pixies1 said:

Hi Bangan, thanks for the response! I have the block IDs for the 4 columns, I just don't know how to use them in CSS to get the 4 columns to appear as 2 columns in tablet view. 

Here are the block IDs:

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5173

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_5821

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_7815

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1620053498091_9427

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* testimonials - tablet 2 columns */
@media screen and (max-width:991px) and (min-width:768px) {
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1619732613520_13491+.row .span-4 {
    width: 100%;
    display: -webkit-box;
    display: -ms-flexbox;
    display: flex;
}
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/16/2021 at 10:25 PM, pixies1 said:

Hi, thank you, but the bottom two testimonials are not aligned in the same columns as the top four testimonials (see attached). Any idea how to fix?

 

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 10.22.10 AM.png

You mean align like this?

image.thumb.png.0ebf9f2850f3c460210b516efd0a67b4.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
18 hours ago, pixies1 said:

Yes! Ideally the columns would be equal in width. Thank you!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* tablet testimonials */
@media screen and (max-width:991px) and (min-width:768px) {
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1619732613520_13491+.row .span-4 .code-block {
    width: 50%;
}
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...