Is there a way to sell certain products on certain days?

Site URL: https://cloudhousebakery.com

Site password : Nibbles

We're just setting up our bakery and I was wondering if it's possible to sell certain products on certain days.

ie. Pies and Scones Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays and then have it so that Gluten-Free was available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I'm new to squarespace but having searched, I haven't seen any obvious way to work this out and wondered if anyone else had done or used anything similar on their site or knew how this could be done.

So far I've added all the products to an inventory and don't know where to go next, thanks in advance.

• Replies 9
  • Views 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, cloudhousebakery said:

Site URL: https://cloudhousebakery.com

Site password : Nibbles

We're just setting up our bakery and I was wondering if it's possible to sell certain products on certain days.

ie. Pies and Scones Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays and then have it so that Gluten-Free was available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I'm new to squarespace but having searched, I haven't seen any obvious way to work this out and wondered if anyone else had done or used anything similar on their site or knew how this could be done.

So far I've added all the products to an inventory and don't know where to go next, thanks in advance.

You can manually set stock to zero on certain dates or use a time-driven trigger to do so, I am not notice of built-in feature in the interface for doing so

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 3/6/2021 at 8:08 PM, bangank36 said:

You can manually set stock to zero on certain dates or use a time-driven trigger to do so, I am not notice of built-in feature in the interface for doing so

Hi, thanks for the input...you mentiones a 'time driven trigger', is this available on squarespace already or something I have to implement ie code or get a plugin for?

14 minutes ago, cloudhousebakery said:

Hi, thanks for the input...you mentiones a 'time driven trigger', is this available on squarespace already or something I have to implement ie code or get a plugin for?

Time driven trigger mean the repeatly task which run on regular basis without user demand. You may need a server to do it, for keeping the api key safe 

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

It may be possible to use something like Zapier to automatically update your stock levels.

If you want to do it manually, you can use the SS built-in inventory  import feature. Importing products from a .csv. It sounds like you would need two versions of your inventory. Then at the end of each day where you need the next day stock levels to be different you would upload the appropriate inventory import file for the next day.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

1 minute ago, creedon said:

It may be possible to use something like Zapier to automatically update your stock levels.

If you want to do it manually, you can use the SS built-in inventory  import feature. Importing products from a .csv. It sounds like you would need two versions of your inventory. Then at the end of each day where you need the next day stock levels to be different you would upload the appropriate inventory import file for the next day.

Zapier only work with Form integration though

5 minutes ago, creedon said:

Thanks, I'll look into Zapier. I was leaning towards thinking I may have to just manually change the count. For now it's not so bad as we have a small inventory, I just wonder how people do this when they have thousands of items...!?

Importing from a *.csv sounds possible. I haven't played with this but shall look into it.

Thanks again.

I just wonder how people do this when they have thousands of items...!?

Hopefully when you have that number of products then the cost of something like Zapier or running your own custom server is not an issue. And of course the cost to develop a solution.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

17 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

Zapier only work with Form integration though

I don't know for sure as I've not implemented a solution like this so we are exploring here.

With a scheduled Zap it may be possible to use the Squarespace Inventory API to update the site inventory.

Schedule Zaps to run at specific intervals.

Adjust stock quantities.

4 minutes ago, creedon said:

I don't know for sure as I've not implemented a solution like this so we are exploring here.

With a scheduled Zap it may be possible to use the Squarespace Inventory API to update the site inventory.

Schedule Zaps to run at specific intervals.

Adjust stock quantities.

Oh you mean to use Code by Zapier to fire api call

Archived