URL issue for Portfolio Sub-pages

Hi there, I have a simple but nail-biting issue in my website (https://www.thesqueezeblog.co.uk).

I have a portfolio with some sub-pages:

• Portfolio URL: /asia
  • Portfolio subpage URL: /asia/israel

When user arrive in Israel page, he/she can click on a link sending the to a page called jerusalem. My issue is that I cannot set the URL of this jerusalem page to /asia/israel/jerusalem  because of the error message below:

Couldn't update this collection. The URL is already in use.

This error appears only if - for the jerusalem page - I use the SLUG of the Portfolio /asia/israel (before the rest of the URL of course).

Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Edited by FabrizioM
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Does anybody have a solution to this?

I have a similar issue whereby I have 'uk/dogs/blog/'

When I try to add a new page e.g. 'uk/dogs/blog/care' I get an error: Couldn't update this collection. The URL is already in use. But the URL isn't already in use. If I remove the word 'blog', it works fine! But I need blog to match the structure of my site.

• 3 months later...

I'm a bit late, but I was having the same problem and was able to figure out a solution

/portfolio    —> parent page

/portfolio/fine-art    —> wanted this URL for a separate subpage, but was getting that error

I found if I temporarily changed /portfolio to another name, I could change what was previously /fine-art to /portfolio/fine-art and put /portfolio back to its original URL just fine. I guess it's about the order of implementing things.

Might also work to temporarily disable the parent page, but haven't tried that.