HTML table in code block dropped from top position to footer

• Replies 2
  • Views 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have an answer, but am seeing similar results. I insert a Code block where I want the table to show, paste in my HTML for the table, and then when I preview the page, it shows "Hello World" where the code block is, and the table itself appears below the footer. 

I am a novice at all this, so probably doing a bunch of things wrong. I am putting in the cell of the first column an href tag. That does not seem to be working. 

I am using what I would call "Basic" html, not CSS. I don't have a clue about that. If CSS is my friend, any pointers on where/how to start understanding that appreciated. 

My table appears the way I want it to when I save my code as a text file and open that file with a browser.  Here is a sample of the HTML (first two rows of the table I think):

<table style="text-align: left; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width: 90%; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; color: white;" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody>

<tr> <td style="vertical-align: middle; color: black;"><a href=http://fiyc.net target=_blank rel=noopener>Fishers Island YC</a><br></td>

<td style="vertical-align: middle; color: black;">Fishers Island, West Harbor<br></td> </tr>

<tr> <td style="vertical-align: middle; color: black;"><a href=http://glpyc.org target=_blank rel=noopener>Groton Long Point Yacht Club</a><br></td>

<td style="vertical-align: middle; color: black;">50 Beach Road, Groton Long Point, CT, 06340<br></td> </tr>

I have no idea where the "Hello world" is coming from, I do not see that anywhere. 

Nothing is ever as simple as it seems it should be. 

Thanks for any advice. 

Archived