Print on demand services

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I like the quality and customer service of Geo Galleries https://geogalleries.com/ however setting this up with Squarespace is a total PITA because it's not automated and you have to create a new item for every version of a print - with matching sku, etc. and this doesn't make it very easy to update or make changes. You can see how that looks on my website here: https://www.fortheloveofalia.com/shop/artwork/fine-art-prints

I sell fine art prints of my artwork and the services integrated with Squarespace do not provide for this. I'm selling artwork - not photos. The Printique paper selection is limited to glossy photography papers and pricing is a joke on top of what I'm already paying for Squarespace - when they make money off of your own orders. I would prefer Squarespace incorporated vendors that do not double dip.

Edited by fortheloveofalia
  • 7 months later...

Printique does offer three fine art paper selections.  I have used all three of them for different clients with success.  They also do a good job with white label drop shipping. There are limitations with any print on demand fine art photography solution, and Printique certainly has some.  The 3% commission from Squarespace (considering the cart features) is also hard to justify.  I am considering come back to Squarespace/Printique from where I am now, but still weighing options.  

Edited by nlarson4
  • 3 months later...

Squarespace now has a number of print-on-demand services available using Squarespace extensions:

However Shopify is still streets ahead in this area and, even if you intend to launch a print-on-demand service using Squarespace, Shopify's free 40-minute webinar about setting up a profitable print-on-demand store is still worth viewing.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.