Enlarge Reel Thumbnail Image on Mouse Hover

Site URL: https://naviguerra.com/963327201704

Hello, I have never posted to one of these forums but I am looking for some help. I have two separate slideshow:reel image sets on the page I linked above that I would like to add some custom css too. I have already added code to include gaps between the thumbnail images, however I would now like to add additional code so that the images enlarge slightly when a user hovers their cursor over the images. Is this possible and if so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Views 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, MountainGuerra said:

Site URL: https://naviguerra.com/963327201704

Hello, I have never posted to one of these forums but I am looking for some help. I have two separate slideshow:reel image sets on the page I linked above that I would like to add some custom css too. I have already added code to include gaps between the thumbnail images, however I would now like to add additional code so that the images enlarge slightly when a user hovers their cursor over the images. Is this possible and if so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Could you try this css

.gallery-reel-item img {
  transition: transform 0.7s;
}
.gallery-reel-item:hover img {
    transform: scale(1.35);
}

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

1 hour ago, bangank36 said:

Could you try this css

.gallery-reel-item img {
  transition: transform 0.7s;
}
.gallery-reel-item:hover img {
    transform: scale(1.35);
}

Hi, yes so I already tried that code and it wasn't working, and I didn't realize why. The issue is actually that the reel items I am trying to enlarge have links to other pages within them, and that code will not work while the image is linked, but works fine without links, any thoughts on how to work around this?

7 hours ago, MountainGuerra said:

Hi, yes so I already tried that code and it wasn't working, and I didn't realize why. The issue is actually that the reel items I am trying to enlarge have links to other pages within them, and that code will not work while the image is linked, but works fine without links, any thoughts on how to work around this?

It worked well in my screen, and it is different to your current code

Projects — Navi Guerra and 6 more pages - Personal - Microsoft Edge Beta (gyazo.com)

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived