Can you embed private video code for Members only????

Site URL: https://www.brettharknesstraining.com

I am looking to make  a members only section to my site. Is there any video host service that will allow you to embed a private video code to the members section. You Tube it has to be public to use the code so whats the point of charging people to view if its available for free on YT? There has to be a work around? Any help much appreciated . 

stay safe xBrett

Edited by BrettUK
  • 7 months later...

Hi Brett, 

I've been looking for the same thing except for a private family site. Family members can view the private videos on Youtube or the website but they have to log in or be sent a link and need to have a Google account. Makes the process and user experience anything but fluid

I believe Vimeo has an option to choose to embed a private video on a nominated site but it is at their Premium level and very pricey.

If anyone else has another solution or a workaround I'd love to hear it. 

Catherine

Just to update, I was able to embed a video onto a site with plus version only which is much cheaper than pro (though obviously with less storage and lower upload limits). Worked well in this particular case and I was able to remove a lot of the Vimeo branding for a cleaner result and less fiddly than embedding a private YouTube video.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Catherine