Limit customers to one discount

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.vip-equestrian.com/

One of my clients works with influencers and gives them codes that people can use at checkout. These tend to be 5% off the whole order or £5 off the whole order. They also run their own special offers; for example, at the moment they are offering 30% off a new product.

Is there any way to stop customers using more than one code? They would like the 5% discounts to not be used in conjunction with any other discounts.

For example, this customer has used the 30% off the new brown pad and £5 off the whole order

2134203431_multiplediscounts.thumb.jpg.0f8d111226051739f9d74bda6bc3e5af.jpg

Thank you

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Solution

Although there are some rules that prevent some discount types from being combined, the examples above cannot be prevented.

Squarespace’s advice is to only offer one or two promotions at a time to ensure that customers can't "stack" discounts on the same order. For more information on how discounts can and can’t be combined, see Managing Discounts.

There is nothing that the community can do to change this, and Squarespace do not respond to feature requests via this forum, so to make a feature request, contact Squarespace Customer Care

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Has this been solved yet? Such a major design flaw! Anyone with a sales funnel and multiple sources of traffic will have a nightmare with this. I emailed customer service but they always take a while to respond; curious if anyone else has figured out a way to turn off double discounts? This might be the final straw that makes us head to Shopify.