Multiple Member Areas Link to Same Content

Hello,

I set up 3 member areas (annual, monthly, free), but I want to see if all those areas can link to the same content. I tried creating one webpage which houses the content and putting that webpage under one of the member areas. Then for the other 2 member areas I created a link to that one webpage. However, that doesn't seem to work. If a member signs up for the monthly subscription, clicks the link (which goes to the webpage under the free area), then they are asked to sign up for the other member area.

Since I am charging for content using multiple subscription options (annual, monthly, free) it would be nice to allow them all to link to one webpage of content if I wish. Right now, each time I update the content I have to do it 3 times, once for each member area.

A workaround is to create an unlinked webpage, but then that means it's not protected unless I put a password on it.

Thank you!

Edited by mpierce486
  • Replies 5
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At present, what you want to do is not possible using Member Areas unless you use unlinked pages, but as you say those are unprotected. The only way is to do as you are doing and duplicate the content 3 times.

I am disappointed that the payment/membership options are so limited at the initial launch of Member Areas but hopefully SQSP will address these.

👋 Hey there, Katie! Ward from MemberSpace here. 

If some of your members plans need to grant access to the same content, you will have to duplicate it and place it under each member plan/categories. Unfortunately, this also means that you will need to go over each one of your pages if you need to update anything there. 

With MemberSpace, you don't have to duplicate or create different pages for each member plan you create. You can include page access for multiple plans at once with just a few clicks when creating plans. This can save you a lot of time when updating and maintaining your membership site pages going forward. 

In case you want more information around the different Member Areas and MemberSpace features, please check out MemberSpace

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have questions.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I agree Claire -- it's disappointing that duplicating at a minimum should be very easy in the member area, but it's not at all.  And they take a percentage of members $$ as well.  I guess it's a profit center for SS, but not development center where they can really help clients take advantage of it.  It's half baked, though offered at full price.  

• 3 months later...