Site build

Hi, hopefully this is the correct forum for this.  I am very new to squarespace but I would like to try to do the build myself.  Is there a way to build a site offline prior to purchasing anything (aside from a domain name)?    

• Replies 1
  • Views 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, you have a two week trial period, all options available to try out. Your choose a template to start.   It is not available to view except by you unless you change permissions, add a password to the site, which is not the same thing as a password to your dashboard account. This allows folks like me and others to  view your trial site  if you need help with something.  Anytime during the two weeks you can quit, or activate the site, and you can get a custom domain anytime as well, but I would make that the last thing you do after your site is the way you want it to be. 

Any other questions we would be happy to answer, such as which template best fits what you are looking to use it for like displaying art or photography or blogging that sort of thing. 

D.

Archived